Melatonin Gummy Bears: Do They Work?
Melatonin Gummy Bears: Do They Work?
Sleep is essential – you can’t function well in the day without a good night’s rest.
However, with so many things on your plate, it can be hard to set a proper schedule where you can shut everything off and close your eyes. Melatonin gummy bears are the new craze in helping people get the best sleep they can have at night.
While it’s normal to have some nights when you find it hard to sleep, having them occur frequently can be a problem that can have long-term health effects.
Why You Can’t Sleep
Some people simply find it hard to sleep, no matter how tired they are. As a result, they tend to have poor quality sleep and end up feeling tired and lethargic during the day.
There are many reasons why you might find it hard to fall asleep at night at a regular time. It can be caused by anything from jet lag to pre-existing health conditions, to even the amount of coffee you drink and at what time you drink coffee.
On top of these factors, insomnia can also be linked to things such as anxiety and depression, which can affect your regular sleep cycle if you’re not careful about managing your daytime habits.
How Melatonin Works
Melatonin, the sleep hormone, is the chemical produced by the pineal gland in the brain and its primary role in regulating sleep.
While the body produces it naturally, it may help some people to take melatonin supplements so they can fall asleep more easily. This helps, especially if you’re suffering from jet lag or insomnia or if you’re a night owl who wants to get their sleep schedule back on track.
Aside from sleep, melatonin is also responsible for controlling core body temperature. There are a few ways melatonin can be taken to help improve the quality of your sleep:
- Pills – The most common way to take melatonin comes in the form of sleeping pills, which have a long shelf life and are easy to divide since it’s possible to take less than the recommended dose.
- Liquid – Pills can sometimes be hard to swallow, so liquid melatonin can be a good alternative and is absorbed by the body faster, but they can come with the downside of having an unpleasant taste.
- Gummies – Other than multivitamins, melatonin is also available in the form of gummies, which are more palatable and easier to consume than pills.
How Melatonin Gummy Bears Can Help
Melatonin is a widely available supplement that can be purchased over the counter.
This is great news for many since they don’t lead to the formation of habits, and there’s a low risk of waking up groggy or hungover (sleep inertia). With the right dosage (three to five millimeters is the maximum recommended dose), any side effects can be managed.
However, sleeping pills and liquid melatonin may not be the best option for some people. Pills can be difficult to swallow (and sometimes pose a choking hazard), while liquid melatonin can behave an unpleasant taste on top of being expensive.
This is where melatonin gummy bears can help as a more palatable option. Because they taste better than the other two options, they are easier to swallow.
On top of having melatonin, these gummy bear supplements also combine various ingredients that promote relaxation, like chamomile, lemon balm, and amino acids like L-Theanine that help you stay asleep longer. The best gummies on the market typically have the following in common:
- Pectin-based – These gummies are less likely to stick to your teeth when you chew and swallow them.
- No artificial flavors or sweeteners – While gummies are more palatable to consume, adding artificial flavors and sweeteners can make it more likely for you to take more than you should.
- Allergen-free – These gummies are free from anything that you may be allergic to, such as tree nuts, eggs, fish, or wheat and soybeans.
Melatonin gummy bear supplements are also available in a wide variety of doses. Remember to look at the label when considering them for your sleep problems to ensure you get the right amount each night.
However, you should not use melatonin, especially melatonin gummy bears, if you belong to either of the following:
- Pregnant and/or breastfeeding
- Have an autoimmune disorder
- Have high blood pressure
- Are a type-1 diabetic
If you are taking melatonin supplements and experience certain side effects like headaches and grogginess, you’re most likely taking it too late at night or are taking too much.
Additionally, be sure to consult your doctor when considering taking melatonin gummy bear supplements. You should also keep track of your sleep pattern and quality. Melatonin is also best taken nightly for up to two months, after which you should be able to see significant improvements.
Other Tips for Better Sleep
A few basic tips include turning off the lights (or switch to dim lights) and putting away all smartphones and tablets before bed. But what exactly do they mean, and how does this help improve my sleep?
While this is generally solid advice, the following are the reasons behind turning off all bright lights and eliminating distractions before going to bed:
- Quiet environment – This doesn’t necessarily mean a silent environment, but removing loud noises and other types of distractions helps a lot in making you feel at ease.
- Comfort – It’s important to make yourself cozy and comfortable. After all, when you want to sleep, you should be lying in bed and closing your eyes.
- Focus – It’s common advice to meditate before bed. Focusing on a word, phrase, mental image, or even your breathing pattern can be used to draw your attention and get you to stop thinking about other things.
- Passive attitude – Allowing your mind to wander helps put you at ease and can make you less anxious. When you’re less anxious, you’ll find yourself falling asleep more easily.
Why Do You Need Melatonin Gummy Bears?
Chronic sleep problems can affect your physical health, but with a few good habits and the right supplements, you can improve the quality of your sleep. The good news is that melatonin comes in various forms, especially with melatonin gummy bears that are easier to swallow compared to others.
Reposé has great products like melatonin gummies and sleep masks that can help you with your sleep issues. Don’t miss the chance to try out their amazing products today!